This article explains how to update various web browsers.
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click the 3 vertical lines.
3. Select "Help" from the drop down menu
4. Click "About Google Chrome"
If an update is needed, it will start automatically.
Microsoft Edge will update automatically when Windows Updates. If you have Windows Updates turned off, then visit this link to check for updates:
Official site for Microsoft Edge
To update Internet Explorer, download and install it from Microsoft. Locate your language from the list on their site (English, for example), then choose either the 32-bit or 64-bit link to get that version for your computer. If you're not sure which download link to choose, find out which version of Windows is installed on your computer.
If you're running Windows XP, chances are it's 32-bit. However, if you're running Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista, the chance that you're running a 64-bit version goes up considerably.
FYI - Internet Explorer has been discontinued, but is still being maintained.
Official site for Internet Explorer
By default, Firefox is set to update automatically but you can always do a manual update. A manual update will still let Firefox download an update but it won't install it until you restart Firefox. Here's how to set it up:
1. Click the menu button (3 vertical lines) in the top right of the browser window.
2. Click "Help" from the drop down.
3. Click "About" from the following menu.
The About Mozilla Firefox window will open. Firefox will begin checking for updates and downloading them automatically.
Safari for Mac
To keep Safari up to date for the version of macOS you're using, install the latest macOS updates.
Safari for Windows
Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows. Safari 5.1.7 for Windows was the last version made for Windows, and it is now outdated.
1. While using the Opera browser, click the Opera logo in the top left of the screen.
2. From the drop down, click "Update & Recovery."
The browser will automatically install any available updates.
Article is closed for comments.