Please note - The video below is a segment from our 3-part Authoring Tool tutorial.
For written instructions, please scroll down.
The instructions below explain how to create a course within the Learning Management System. If you are looking to edit an existing course, select 'Edit an Existing Course" from the courses page. See image below.
1. Select Courses from the main admin menu.
2. Click Add a new Course from the Courses page and click the next button.
3. On this page you want to add a course title (required), course description (required) and approximate course length (not required). Once you are finished, click the next button.
4. Add learning objects you want to include in your course by moving them from the left box to the right box. You can also filter the type of learning object, like documents, images, exams, video, SCORM packages, etc.
Very Important: SCORM learning objects are not compatible with the following learning objects: documents, image files and videos. If you combine a SCORM object with a non compatible object, you'll receive an error message. Once you are finished, click the next button.
5. Adjust Credit/Required options as needed and rearrange order of learning objects if necessary. Number 1 is the first learning object the learner will encounter when taking the course. The highest number is the last learning object the learner will encounter. Once you are finished, click the next button.
6. Designate a course expert if you would like. An expert could be someone in your Learning Management System or someone outside that can be contacted with questions relating to the course and the content within the course. If there is no expert, select none. Once you are finished, click the next button.
7. Add any prerequisite courses by moving them from the left box to the right box. Any prerequisite courses added here would need to be completed by the learner prior to accessing this course. If there are no prerequisite courses, leaving the right box blank and click the finish button.
7. Congratulations. You are come creating a new course.