IMPORTANT UPDATE - SCORM learning objects may now be combined with self-authoring learning objects in a single course.
The instructions below explain how to upload learning objects to the Learning Management System. Make sure to view the Important Additional Information area at the very bottom of this article.
1. Click Learning Objects from the Admin menu.
2. On this page, you'll see all the Learning Object types that may be uploaded. Note the description next to each type. Click the icon of the Learning Object type that you would like to upload.
The following instructions are specific to uploading video.
When uploading video you'll see the two options pictured below. If you are uploading a video from your computer or a cloud account, click "Upload Video". If you are using a video hosted on either YouTube or Vimeo, select "Embed Video URL". Instructions for embedding video are below.
If you selected "Embed Video URL" you'll need to paste the video URL in the box pictured below and click the OK button to save.
IMPORTANT - YouTube and Vimeo Settings
- If the video is password-protected, the user will need to know the password.
- Click HERE for instructions on how to change video privacy settings.
- Click HERE for instructions on how to change video embed settings.
- Embedding needs to be enabled.
- If the video is private it may be unable (unauthorized) to be embedded and/or it may NOT play in the LMS. Might get an error when trying to embed.
- Having the video in “Unlisted” state is a better option.
- Click HERE for instructions on how to change video privacy settings for YouTube.
- Click HERE for instructions on how to enable embedding. Please note: embedding is enabled by default.
The following instructions are specific to uploading images and documents.
When uploading documents and/or images, you'll need to click the "Upload Files" button pictured below.
You'll then see the upload interface pictured below. Here you can drag and drop the documents/images you could like to upload or you can click the + sign (centered in the photo below) to browse your computer.
Images and documents can also be important from the list of services featured to the left in the image below. Some of these services include: Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Flickr, Google Photos and gmail.
Once you have selected a file, click the upload button.
3. Manage your learning objects - On the same page where you upload your videos and documents, you can also manage your Learning Objects. See picture below. You can edit, delete and/or add your learning objects to a course.
4. Once all your learning Objects are uploaded into the Learning Management System, you can now set up your course. See creating/editing a course.
Important Additional Information
Definition of Embed in regards to YouTube and Vimeo - When you view a video on social media, often times you'll see an option to share the video. One way to share the video is to embed the video elsewhere. Youtube and Vimeo will offer a short piece of code that you can use to put into other pages.
Embed Video URL Privacy Settings
When using "Upload/Embed Video Lectures" and then selecting "Embed Video URL", the Learning Management System will retain any and all privacy settings that you have set on Vimeo or YouTube. This will ensure that videos that you have set as private will remain private.
Specs for uploading documents and images
Upload file size is currently restricted to 10MB. Supported document and image file formats when uploading, include:
Specs for uploading video files
Upload video file size is currently restricted to 50MB. Supported video file formats when uploading, include:
Article is closed for comments.