This article covers the process of running reports in the LMS. Admin access level, Super admin access level or adjusted permissions are required for the ability to run reports.
Click "Reports" from the main menu. You'll then see what's pictured below. Notice the two main options on the left - "Activity Report" and "Overview Reports".
Activity Reports - Run detailed reports for course completions, enrollments, user activity, awarded certificates, and much more. Reports can be specific to group(s) and/or individual users. This is the most used area of the reporting feature.
Overview Reports - Run summary reports of groups and/or users. You can also print a report of everyone in a specific group.
Generating a New Report
Click "New Report" from the menu on the left (pictured above).
Select a time frame for your report.
- All Dates: includes ALL data since your LMS launch date
- Absolute Date Range: allows you so select a timeframe based on specific start and end dates
- Relative Timeframe: allows you to specify a period relative to today including previous week, month, quarter, etc.
Select a group(s) or user(s) you would like to include in the report.
- All Users: Report includes all users in the system.
- Select Users: Report includes specific users you choose in the system.
- All Groups: Report includes groups all users in the system.
- Select Groups: Report includes specific groups you choose in the system.
Important: How "Select Group(s)" works
If you choose the option "Select Group(s)" you'll see the green header pictured below. If you click the green bar you'll see an additional option titled "Users in ALL Groups Selected". Below are some definitions to help you with this process. Please note: The groups listed below is just an example. Your LMS will have groups specific to your LMS.
Users in ANY Group Selected: Your report will contain everyone in Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3.
Users in ALL Group Selected: Your report will contain only people that are in group 1, as well as group 2 and group 3. Any users NOT in all 3 groups will not be included in the report. Example: if you were to look at the members of group 1 you'd see John Smith is in this group. John Smith is also in group 2 as well as group 3, so John would be included in this report.
Select the user status of the users to be included in the report.
Select the type of report data you would like your report to include. Below the image is a detailed explanation of each option.
Breakdown of Report Type
- Course Data: You would want to use this feature if you're looking for the status of a course in the LMS. Options include: enrolled, in-progress, completed, overdue, expired, no status.
- Lesson Data: You would want to use this feature if you're looking for the status of a lesson in the LMS. Lessons are what make up a course. Options include: in-progress, completed, passed, failed, not attempted, unknown and no status.
- Certificate Data: Allows tracking of who has been awarded certificates and for which courses. The option to print certificates is also available from the reporting results.
- Evaluation Data: Evaluation data would be limited to those SCORM Learning Objects that have been uploaded and attached to courses under Admin >> Courses >> Evaluations (Level 1). These are separate from the rest of the course content and intended to give the learner an opportunity to provide feedback on the course.
- Objective Data: Objective data depends on the SCORM learning object being correctly configured to include the objectives, descriptions, and necessary “satisfaction” measures to gauge whether or not a learner achieved the intended objectives of the lesson.
- Interaction Data: Allows the tracking of answers given within a lesson. “Interaction Data” indicating this also depends on the learning object being correctly configured to send this info to the LMS for reporting.
Now, you have the option to share your report with other users within the system. Options include: no one, all group admins and select group admins.
You now have an option to save, modify or delete the report.
When ready, click the generate report button. You'll see a new window pop-up in your browser.
In this new window, you'll see your report findings. You'll also have the options pictured below. Please note: if the report is too large you'll be prompted to receive your report VIA email.
Show Totals: Report will include all completed courses for each user within the report.
Blast Email: Send out an email to the people included within the report you generated.
Export to Excel: Export the report to an excel file.