Tortal reliably captures and stores Learning Data without issue, however - certain User behaviors and Courseware production practices can interfere with the way Tortal captures data from Lessons, as a Learner works through your Training.
Interrupted Save process
- Once a SCORM Courseware player window has been closed, there is a sync that takes place to store User's session data.
- Normal saving of the data redirects Users back to the Course Information page to continue Training.
- Navigating away from the save screen before its completion may stall the save process before data can be stored or sent back to the LMS for display and appear as if the Course did not save.
Bookmarking a Course to Save Progress
- Some Users will bookmark a Course - intending to pick up where they left of - and will experience an Error Alert message.
- This circumvents Users logging in, and their browser will not have the permission to access the LMS and will get that error.
- Users should Login as normal and access courses through the Enrollment Listing on the My information Page. staying logged
Session Lost - Automatic log out at 8 hours, clearing cache, waiting overnight.
- Often Users will experience this error picking up a training after leaving their computer on overnight
- Leaving a Session idle for 8 hours will log a user out of the system. This will create the same error as above. (#2)
- Users should login and access training through the LMS.
Network issue - Dropped Connection
- Total best practices recommend utilizing the LMS for training from a desktop or laptop on a stable wired internet connection.
- Mobile and wired devices on wifi or cellular data are not accountable and dropped signals can result in lost session data During a save.
Tortal is highly compliant with ADL Certification, and we recommend the productions utilities are up to date and all productions comply with ADL standards
SCORM non-compliance - what is SCORM version being used?
- SCORM v 1.2 ok
- SCORM 2004
- compliant up to v1.2,
- Test at 3rd edition
SCORM ADL ComplianceThe Tortal LMS is strictly compliant with ADL requirements for eLearniing. Less Common Production issues can impede Lesson Functionality.
- Characters within that are not ADL compliant